We are Transforming Data into Knowledge
Restaurant & Service AnalyticsOur products assess your workforce, providing perspectives from the macro economic and industry levels, as well as capturing the performance of your direct competition and your company, all with the added benefit of geographic context.
TDn2K EventsWe are the creators of Summer Brand Camp and Global Best Practices, two amazing annual conferences open to all restaurant and service organizations. We also host quarterly webinars, which focus on the latest workforce trends and issues facing the restaurant industry.
Consulting & Targeted Competitor ReportingOur company is a powerhouse for restaurant industry performance management. In addition to the insights provided within our Human Capital Intelligence reports, we also track sales intelligence and brand intelligence services as well as ad hoc analysis and consulting services.
Participating Members Receive Full Access to National and Local Industry BenchmarksWe securely collect, clean and analyze our members' payroll data before delivering monthly insights and interactive dashboards.
Salary distributions and trends for the front of the house and back of the house management employees by position
Gender, age, race/ethnicity and transactional analysis
Cluster analysis of hire rate, promote rate and termination/turnover rate.
Headcount, staffing efficiency, staffing rates and transactional analysis.
Additional Quarterly & Annual Insights
Corporate Compensation & Benefits Survey
The CCBS report includes compensation, benefits and other reward practices of leading brands from across the nation. Key metrics are shown at the industry segment level as well as segmented based on system-wide sales. This report answers the question you are constantly required to answer: “Are we rewarding our employees competitively across all levels of the organization?”
- Prevalence in the industry of benefit offerings, highlighting differences in usage by segment and company size, including % cost covered by the employer for commonly used benefit plan
- Monthly cost of PPO & HMO plans for employee only coverage, as well as employee +1 and employee plus family coverage. Metrics are shown by position level for each of the segments and company size groupings.
- Medical office visit copays, generic and brand name prescription copays, deductibles and out of pocket maximums by position level
- Health benefits for part time employees, including average cost of limited benefit plans offered Wellness program usage and commonly offered programs
- PTO policies by position level, including vacation by tenure and leave of absence, savings and severance
- Corporate office staff turnover
The Workforce Index is a quarterly indicator of current labor market conditions designed to help recruitment executives make more strategic decisions in response to real time market conditions. This report covers Employment Levels, Recruitment Difficulty, Vacancies, Turnover, and Employment Expectations in the Food Service Industry.
- Quarterly analysis of five workforce indicators for the Restaurant Industry
- Analysis of turnover changes in the industry
- Includes hiring expectations for the quarter ahead
- Regularly featured in Nation's Restaurant News
Targeted Competitor Report
Customized analysis and reporting for companies looking to benchmark human capital results against a targeted set of their direct competitors. Targeted results can include compensation, turnover, demographics, etc.
Topline performance and highlight metrics. This is an executive snapshot featuring key human capital metrics which provide a quick assessment of the health of your company’s performance as well as percentile rankings for your industry segment.
Quarterly analysis highlighting key indicators in the overall economic environment as well as the restaurant industry. This quarterly commentary focuses on how these economic trends are affecting the industry and what that means for restaurant operators.
- Macroeconomic Overview: GDP, Consumer Confidence, Employment data
- Nearly 20 pages of graphs, tables, and written commentary
- Industry turnover analysis
- Compensation overview for the industry
- Industry Sales and Traffic update
Regional Compensation Report
Wage and salary information reported by metropolitan area for both hourly and management positions. This salary information is broken down by percentile for each position and industry segment.
- Interactive dashboard and sortable Excel file
- Over 150 DMAs
- Data reported at the 5th, 25th, 50th, 75th, and 95th percentile for each position, segment, and city
- Wage & Salary data at both the hourly and management level
Unit Level Compensation Report
Detailed analysis of your company's management compensation practices at the unit level. Includes detailed perspectives on base salary, bonus and total cash compensation compared to each industry segment.
- Nearly 30 pages of comparisons for the 5th, 25th, 50th, 75th, and 95th percentile in your company vs. each industry segment
- Breakdowns by management position and industry segment
- Includes Base Salary, Annual Bonus, Total Cash Compensation, % of Managers Receiving a Bonus, and Bonus as a % of Base Salary
Special Annual Reports & Surveys
Periodic analysis and insights on relevant topics directly affecting the workforce and business environment. Past topics have included the state of the economy, navigating the changes in healthcare, as well as industry trends. Other year-in-review reports focus on turnover, retention, recruiting, training, and diversity.
- Special surveys and white papers on the topics important to your business
- Economic forecasts, analysis regarding changes in healthcare law, and labor & employment issues
- Special reports on industry turnover, diversity, and recruiting & training practices
What others are saying
Almost 20 years in the making, and we're just getting started
In 1995, an imaginative and committed group of human resource and operating executives from five leading restaurant chains agreed to "share" and, more importantly, to "benchmark" the key HR statistics and workforce trends that were so critical to success and profitability.
In response, Joni Thomas Doolin and a small team of analysts and HR executives designed and launched the survey that became the foundation for the People Report consortium. Today this consortium includes hundreds of brands and represents millions of employees. Recognized by the industry as a savvy and trusted research partner, People Report has evolved throughout a period of increasingly competitive business cycles to provide the information, insight and best practices that members need to grow and thrive.
Today the People Report community connects employees from the "dishroom to the boardroom," and provides the relevant workforce analytics that drive best in class performance.
Latest Blog ArticlesView All →
Press ReleasesView All →
- January 19, 2016
TDn2K Announces Winners of the 2016 Best Practices Awards, Honoring Superior Restaurant Performance
- January 14, 2016
Sales Growth in Q4 Not Enough to Dismiss Potential Challenges in 2016
- December 3, 2015
Slowdown in Restaurant Same-Store Sales Hints at Soft Fourth Quarter
- December 2, 2015
Superior Restaurant Workplaces to be Recognized at TDn2K’s Global Best Practices Conference